I've always thought I was an organized person, but today alone would be proof to the contrary. I woke up to the doorbell. I'd forgotten I had a health exam for my life insurance policy and the nurse was at the door. Off with a bang! Then Evy had a little play date that was loads of fun, but when the little girl left I realized that I'd totally forgotten an appointment I had at noon to select portraits for Evy's three year pictures. I know I know, you're thinking how could I possibly be more disorganized in one day, but even those blunders were just the start.
Our pastor emailed me that Jayson had neglected to give him Power Point slides for worship this Sunday (Jayson is leading). Now granted that isn't my mistake but I have to bail him out by trying a frantic email.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
As I'm typing the email, I remember we invited people over for dinner tonight. FIVE PEOPLE, that we really want to see and spend some time with, and I never got back to them that we were indeed on. A quick phone call to the family revealed that they were infact waiting for a call back and I felt like a complete dolt. (We may have to reschedule!)
Now I sit typing an email to my dear friend while our Florida suitcases are half packed (we leave Sunday), I have to grocery shop for not only Thanksgiving (we're hosting after arriving home the evening before!), but now tonight's dinner (well thought out, isn't it) AND the Thanksgiving table I so deftly set so as to save me time on Thanksgiving day must be UN-set so I can set it for dinner tonight, then RE-set so I am again organized.
Martha Stewart I am not.
Friday, November 19, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Mindy, it sounds like you need a day at the spa when all this is over. I find it helps me hit that reset button that needs to be hit when my brain goes on overdrive.
min, days like that, though, are what makes the other (aka easier) days so much sweeter. :) in the end you did a great job, your thanksgiving dinner was wonderful and frankly, your table was so beautiful that i bet it ended up looking better the second setting around. :)
Post a Comment