Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Blah Blah Blog

So, I haven't blogged in a few days....I've been finishing a book. I've decided I like reading books that redeem themselves in the end. Maybe I'm just sappy and cliche, but I feel like the whole world and all of life is so sad, that I want happy endings. I like when everything stands on the edge of the knife. I like wondering whether all is lost, but in the end, I want everything to be redeemed, to end well. I want the sunset fading to inky blue as the hero and heroine walk toward the horizon. I want happily ever after. That's what I like to read. Does that make me a sap?

3 comments:

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Yep! and that's why we love you!

Felecia said...

I was sitting here trying to allow my somewhat sarcastic edge to give you a little jab about enjoying sappy books, but who am I kidding? I love them too! Aside from Dr. Seuss and The Kissing Hand, my recent reads include The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Little Earthquakes and I'm starting In her Shoes next week. (Must be a Grant thing...)

Misty said...

ahhhh, i love "the kissing hand"... *sigh*

i will do better in the future to refer books to you that are a bit lighter, or atleast end well. i am that way with movies, but with books i find myself liking anything that moves me..... did "drowning ruth" end happy? i guess not, but it did tie up the loose ends a bit.
did you like the first or second helen fielding book better? (D of BJ)