Thursday, February 24, 2005

Of Course it's the right decision...right?

Well there is no turning back now. Sunday Grandma Alice comes to Michigan to stay. Permanently. Now, I have thought through, talked through, obsessed through, prayed through this whole situation countless times. I KNOW its right. I know its best. But now, in the eleventh hour I’m totally freaking out about it.
I’m seeing my freedom vanishing. I’m picturing thousands of potential problems or fights or arguments. I’m scared she’ll be miserable—I’m scared I’LL be miserable. I’m so busy now, how will I squeeze in errand running (and I use the term running loosely. Picture a snail running….) Plus dinners and keeping her company. (And we're considering adding a BABY into all of this?) What if she expects to come over EVERY DAY? How am I going to break it to her that I won’t use her as a sitter for Evy (I mean she’s moving here because she can’t live alone, right?) And how awful am I for having all of these thoughts? She’s my GRANDMA for goodness sake. I love her SO MUCH. I know she’s going to bring such joy and fun to us. I can’t wait for her and Evy to become buddies. I feel so lucky to get some of my family around us all on a normal basis….not to even mention the scads of practical reasons it is just right for her to be here.
So why am I flipping out? I know it’s just like cold feet before a wedding. But if you think of it, would you pray God would send a steaming pail to dip my cold feet in?….before Sunday.

1 comment:

kelli said...

Lord, be with Mindy this day...as she travels to MN. to pick up her grandmother. Give her peace in her heart and mind. Give her grace and patience in the coming months. Give her love and wisdom as decisions are made in regards to her grandmother. Give her physical and emotional strength as she tackles the tasks at hand. Amen