Friday, March 4, 2005

To Tell the Truth

After Evy's nap I put in Sleeping Beauty for her. I quick ran to the end of the block to shovel a path to our mailbox. (Now before you think "child abandonment!" remember Gram is here with us.) When I got in the door Evy was standing by the stairs. "Mom, 'member in my nap how you said I couldn't watch videos tonight?"

I had taken them away as a consequence durring her "nap".

but she remebered and told the truth!!!
How proud am I? I was so happy with her big girl-ness I told her she could watch the show. Am I undermining my own authority there? I don't even care. My little girl TOLD THE TRUTH!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

It is a wonderful thing when your children realize that telling the truth is just easier!! I was so glad to see all of your new posts today! I've missed them!

kelli said...

God often gives us grace when we tell the truth and repent of our actions which is exactly what Evy was doing. There is a time for Grace and giving her what she wants after repentence and a time to stick to your guns. I think you did fine!

Felecia said...

Breakthrough! You have successfully conquered phase one of TRUTH vs. LIE. You are now cleared to move ahead to your next phase... TRUTH vs. "JUST KIDDING" (We're still battling this one!)