Sunday, April 3, 2005

"Minnesota, hat's off to thee"

Well here we are back in Michigan.
There are many funny stories, some pictures, and some other tales to tell, but right now, I only have time for the basics before the laundry (and my rambunctious daughter) overtakes me.
The wedding was beautiful. Libby looked stunning in her gown, Zac was handsome. The ceremony was intimate and wonderful. The guests were very impressed by the reception and the cake was the yummiest I’ve tasted (and I’ve got 2 additional pounds to prove it!!).
The mother-in-law was in rare form (Libby’s not mine) as was punchy Grandma Alice. But I left Mr. and Mrs. Clegg at the airport Saturday morning smiles and excitement to leave for Florida.
We’re having our own kind of Floridian weather here ourselves!
Evy was delightful. I will have separate entries for her many funny escapades.
Oh, and for Jayson’s birthday, we got bumped on NWA, given $300 in vouchers each, meals and put up at the Hampton Inn in Bloomington (yes, all you Minnesotans, that means we hit the Mall of America the next day.) We had lot’s of fun at camp snoopy, and now we have a trip to anywhere (but who are we kidding, it will most likely be to MN!)
We so enjoyed seeing all our friends, and remark every time we come how much we love Grand Avenue and that area. We connect so well with our friends and love each of you. Thank you for spending time with us. We had such a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Misty said...

sometimes there is no better place to visit then going home to long time friends and familiar places. oh to the nostalgia.... (but hey, glad you are back :) )

Mandi said...

I'm glad it was fun, can't wait to see pictures!!