Friday, June 17, 2005

Come on, Live a Little!

This may later be called my most random post (besides the Mad Gab one) but I have to write it anyway. I love to take baths in our tub. I HAD to have THAT tub. We had to design our bathroom just a little bigger so the massive tub could fit in. So, the tub and I, we have a bond. *** I have this thing that happens to my shoulder occasionally, it must be a pinched nerve or something, but for a few days, if I don't take some pretty strong pain killers, I turn into this hunched up crooked malformation, and then one day, something looseness and it goes away. Well, it happened Wednesday. And alas, being pregnant I am without my pretty strong pain medication. (Because it's really not wise to take, say, Vicoden when you're pregnant.) *** I have this really thick, long hair. With hair like mine, it doesn't get wet unless it's also being shampooed, conditioned, and anti-frizzed or a brush will never survive the trip through. *** Last night, in an attempt to help the shoulder situation, I decided to relax in the tub. Armed with my brand new issue of Real Simple I drew the bath. I slipped in, and started reading, being ever so careful not to get any drips or splashes on my magazine, and resting my head carefully on the rim to keep my hair dry. I'm not sure how many baths I've taken with this same careful dry-hair management. But last night was different. I was bugging myself with my own practicality--don't get the magazine wet. Don't get your hair wet. Relax, but not too much or your hair and the magazine might get wet. Without really deciding it, I put my magazine down on the counter and sunk down. All the way down. My hair swirled around the bubbles from the jets and the boiling sound engulfed my submerged ears. It was heavenly. My hair is still wet this morning, but I don't care. I have decided to live a little. And if this pathetic step is the first, so be it. :o)

9 comments:

Misty said...

new issue of real simple? already??? that was fast...
and totally NOT the point of this post......
down in the tub with hair swirling around sounds absolutely lovely! i say wet hair several hours later is not a bad thing...
besides, from my stint in beauty school (shame fills me now) i learned that be it thick or thin hair, hair only retains moisture for long periods of time if it is healthy....
so there ya go....

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Ok, something is too weird here. First the chicken "hotdish" now the bath. I only recently found myself engulfed in the same magazine reading, hair wetting, bath ritual. What's going on in the universe!? We have definetly been reliving some childhood memories lately! Love you sister!

kelli said...

I thought you were going to say that your hair got caught in the jets of the tub. See, that would be worse than wet hair!

Felecia said...

Knock that crap off! Sure, first it's a wet head to bed and damp magazine pages...next thing you know you'll be closing cereal boxes without using that little tab they say to use and drinking milk straight from the carton!

(And don't you dare let me catch you running with scissors!)

Anonymous said...

You may also want to avoid the following 'indulgences':


- hammocks
- toilet paper
- air conditioning
- automatic transmissions
- lemonade
- salt
- keyless entry
- the internet
- silk pajamas
- sleeping naked
- hanky
- panky

Ooops, sorry that went a whole other direction (you're welcome J).

Anonymous said...

Can you guess who wrote that? If so, than you win a free dinner on that person! Hopefully sooner than later. I will even give you two tries.

Mindy said...

OK, first, anonymous comments totally freak me out, but since Amy told me she showed you my blog, I'm thinking maybe it's jackie DeTombe. Am I right? That's pretty much my only guess.

Anonymous said...

Nope!

Hint: It's someone who doesn't usually post as annonymous. You know this person!

Anonymous said...

Mindy--did you give up?