Tuesday, June 7, 2005

How Lucky am I?

I've been busy doing all the nothing of summertime. Evy is getting bronzer by the day from afternoons spent in her kiddie pool. We went to the beach this morning, and we're thinking about inventing the area parks circut olympics. She does a tour of area parks pretty regularly! I was taking my trash out this morning, walking out of my own garage and looked back at my great house with pretty flowers where my great husband (example of greatness explained in a moment) was getting ready for work and my adorable daughter was chosing underpants that match exactly her pink dress so we could go spend the morning at the beach and park and I thought, "How lucky am I?"
Today, and these past few days, I feel so lucky to be able to stay home with Evy all day in a wonderful neighborhood and a house that I love. What a lucky, blessed life God's given me!
And speaking of lucky and blessed (this is the example of the great husband part--and I can add great friends too.)
Yesterday morning Jayson was on the phone rescheduling an appointment for later in the day. He was explaining to the man that he had a noon appointment. When he hung up he informed me that I was his noon appointment and would I like to meet him for lunch at Bennigans. I was so delighted taht he would change around his schedule for me and was happy to meet him. Then, when we got to the restaurant, the host took us to a tabe that was already peopled....with RICK AND CAROLYN! So I got to spend a nice surprise afternoon with two of my most favorite people! How lucky am I???
I just love summer!

3 comments:

Misty said...

oh thats awesome! i know what a surprise it had to of been... i can understand how much you must miss her especially....
hurrah!!!

Mandi said...

That's so great Mindy. It sounds like you were in the need of a pick me up! by the way, do you know how Angie Deale is???

Mandi said...

Mindy how can i post an audio clip?