Sunday, July 31, 2005

A Perfect Day

My beautiful daughter came to wake me up this morning. She was cheery and bright, just like the sunlight streaming through the windows. After quick bowls of breakfast we all headed off to the farmer's market in Howell. Now, here's where I must make a confession. It is well known that I am not a fan of Michigan. I am still standing firlmy by that, but I'm amending....I think I really love Howell. I love our neighborhood, I love the old fashoned down town, I love the 'small town' feel.
The farmers market was quaint and full of produce, fruit, crafts and honey. A man stood on the courthouse step with his guitar singing. Sun filtered through the leaves of huge oaks and maples. We browsed at every stand, Evy touching everything. Our pace was slow, unhurried. We purchached corn on the cob picked from a local farm yesterday. We bought fresh broccoli, cherries and "Candy Onions" that truly lived up to their name. A man gave Evy a flower. Then we came home, and sat on our upstairs porch. Evy played in her little castle fort we set up while Jayson and I played cards and talked.
When we were hungry enough, Jayson started the grill and we grilled our fresh corn with some chicken, onions and pineapple, and I made a wonderful tomato salad with fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden. (My Brother-in-Law Zac's recipe!)
We toted everything upstairs and ate on the porch with fresh melted butter and ice cold water. Afterwards, we cleaned up together, then all layed down for a nice long summer afternoon nap.
The day was perfect. Rest, fresh, wonderful food, family, all punctuated with friends and neighbors, plesent conversations and just a general peace. Maybe we didn't officially go to church today, but I felt God close all throughout the day.
Today was a perfect day. Thanks God!

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

Sounds like a good day..

You hate Michigan??..lol..

I love Michigan..I hate MN..where I live now..lol..I will trade ya:)

kelli said...

I am happy to hear about your wonderful day, but I have only one question. Boy or girl?

Misty said...

i loved your sunday.... it sounds incredible!!!

Felecia said...

I'm relaxed just reading it!

Those are the times to remember, aren't they? It makes the occasional kid/husband/mortgage-related chaos completely bearable!