(I know, I know, I'm supposed to be posting less, but I had to tell this one thing:)
Evy is doing VBS this week. They're whole group is doing a service project making heigine kits for refugees in Africa. Each day Evy is supposed to bring something for a kit, and then at the end of the week the kids will assemble the kits to be sent overseas.
Evy and I were talking about this over breakfast. I explained to her about buying the items and what they were for. As I searched for a way to discribe 'refuge' to a 3 year old, I told her it was like some one who ran away from home because they had to, and often they couldn't take anything with them, even their toothbrush.
Fast forward to Rite Aid where we're picking out all of the stuff and bringing it to the counter. The sales clerk asked Evy what all of this stuff was for, and Evy piped right up,
"It's for those people who run away from home."
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OUt of the mouths of babes!
awe... too sweet.... :)
Mothers should write a book entitled "Quick Thinking With a 3 Year Old" Good job, mamma. You captured a pretty abstract idea and brought it right to her level.
Post a Comment