We were late for school this morning.
Just before we left I realized I couldn't find Evy's school picture form. She's only getting a group picture print, but I still needed that blasted sheet. "Oh well," I thought as the clock showed nine, "I'll try to find an extra one at the school."
I ran out the door, then back in the door to get her horse for sharing day. (I had actually remembered that it was sharing day today, which was a big accomplishment. Last sharing day I had to go grab a grimy toy out of the car because I'd forgotten.)
I forgot to eat breakfast.
I forgot to check my wallet for change.
I dropped Evy off at her room, and went on a hunt to find change for a 20. (the picture was $12.) After no luck asking every well prepared mother who'd already had their form perfectly filled out, I ran to the office. No luck.
Each minute I'm taking on my hunt is making me a minute later for the 9:05 appointment I was ALREADY running late for.
Finally, the photographer tells me I can use a credit card, and I find an extra form in the office. I'm filling out the envelope when I see the note on it that says, "minimum credit card purchase $20". So that is absolutely NO HELP since what I have in my wallet is a 20 dollar bill to pay for the $12 stinkin' photo.
Back to the Photographer who tells me he will be there until 10:30. So I promise to bring in cash and I leave my empty envelope with Evy's teacher. I leave feeling like one of those disorganized mothers all of the other mothers probably wonder about being incompetent.
I rush to the appointment. (Picture a pregnant woman running across two streets through traffic; Yes, humiliating.)
When there I realize I've forgotten to put a bunch of stuff in the back of my car to drop off. Immediately after that, I realize I've also forgotten to ask Jayson to dig said stuff out of the deep dark recess of the basement storage area.
I rush from the appointment to the grocery store (I've penned a quick list at the stoplight.) and then home to unpack.
I've forgotten to get chicken nuggets.
My friend calls to ask to borrow a book. I rush in the door, pack up all the stuff I was supposed to pack earlier (thus creating a small avalanche in our dark recess basement storage area I don't even want to think about!). I get to the top of the stairs with arms loaded with said stuff, and notice it's 11:25.
I'm going to be late to pick up Evy from school.
I toss everything in the back and garb my zip up sweatshirt because the tank top I have on shows ever-so-slightly my pregnant belly (which, honestly now, no one really wants to see!)
I rush into the school like a whirling dervish putting on said sweatshirt and all the moms are standing there waiting calmly.
I make some lame remark about having woke up running behind this morning and try to laugh it off again feeling like "one of those mothers".
I realize I forgot to grab the book for my friend.
I shuffle Evy to the car and buckle her in. We head to the friends house to drop off the stuff and apologize for forgetting the book. We pick up a lunch order Jayson placed at a restaurant and drop it off at his office.
I forgot to get ketchup from the restaurant for him.
It's 2 o'clock. I haven't eaten lunch, I have laundry waiting to be switched, a house waiting to be cleaned, a lawn waiting to be mowed, I have about a million phone calls to make (no one ask any questions about why or how I'm sitting here blogging!) and I've got the feeling there's something else I'm forgetting...
Friday, September 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Did you pay the photographer?
Everyone has those days...and it is a fact that when you are in your last trimester of pregnancy you are more forgetful...so blame that, shrug your shoulders and say well, tomorrow is another day.
i still say it's a lot. i also, on your behalf, must add that:
all before taking evy to school at 9 in the morning, mindy has managed to do a couple of loads of laundry, iron a pair of pants, feed her child breakfast, and THEN (as you stated) remember it was sharing day.... all AFTER waking up late.
woman, i am still impressed at that alone. the fact that by noon you had done all of this, plus grocery shopped....
you are my hero....
P.S. it is because of my previous comment that you NEEDED a few minutes just to blog...
I'm impressed that you remembered to blog everything that you forgot to do today....kuddos to you....you're pregnant for goodness sakes, you get to be atleast 15 minutes late to everything, didn't anyone tell you??
love ya ;)
I am so glad to hear that there are other people who feel like life is spining just beyond their control....but you get special compensation for being pregnant!
Owe! My head hurts just thinking about the many tasks you took on! I suppose we all need a bumpy day every now and again so we can appreaciate the otherwise smooth ride we're accustomed to, eh?
Next time you find yourself in the same situation I want you to remember: even mommy's need a "mental health day" from work.
Head to the nearest coffee house, grab some mindless reading material, eat some empty calories and sip a (decaf) mochachino. Dr. Felecia's orders;)
Oh, and yes. I paid the photographer. :o)
Post a Comment