Breathe. Just breathe.
This has become my mantra. Other common phrases are, "Oh, I'm sorry, I completely forgot." "Can you get me another diaper." And the constant internal struggle and dialogue about how it's ok to let the house be messy, and no, I really don't need to clean off the counter right this minute.
Henry Oliver is two weeks and one day old today. Many of you have been wanting an update, and calling to check in. I fear I've been completely remiss in even answering the phone, much less returning calls. My apologies. I just don't seem to have enough hands (or ears to listen to everyone who has something to tell me around here! :o) Thank you so much for your messages and well wishes, and patience for call backs!
We are all doing very well. We’re totally in love. Henry is a delight, and over all a really good baby. He has some occasional trouble sleeping at night. I’m discovering he’s more of a “snacker” or prefers his meals in courses, but he’s an efficient nurser and we’re getting along very well in that department. In fact, he’s already gained 11 ounces from his birth weight! (I know because I trekked to the Dr to have him weighed today just to make sure he was gaining.)
Evy is really enjoying being a big sister. Although she may not know it, I think she feels the stress from time to time. At night she tends to get a little loopy and has some excessive energy to burn or spaces out a bit. But she’s been just wonderful and attentive and helpful. She seems to have matured overnight! She likes singing and dancing for Henry. She’s informed us she won’t change diapers, but she loves to hold and coo at her “baby brother”. She did get into his crib while I was nursing yesterday and told me a story about the “good happy baby in the crib”, and “the crabby baby whom mommy was holding.” But she was quick to tell me it was “only a story”.
After the hustle and bustle of having a baby, and Christmas we welcomed Libby and Zac on the 28th. We are all very excited to have them here (especially Evy!). And lucky because Zac is cooking us a yummy dinner tonight before we say “Bon Voyage” in a few days as he leaves for France. I know I am happy not only for the company of my sister, but I owe the posting of this email at all to Auntie Libby and Uncle Zac who have taken Evy on a shopping trip so mom can have a little break.
So, that’s the news from the Schoeb home. Happy New Year everyone!
Friday, December 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh I am so glad you updated!!! I've been wondering and wondering how you were doing! I'm so glad that things are going well. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers!!
You are in for a treat tonight, dear cousin! I've been able to enjoy the culinary delights of Zac thus far, and you won't be disappointed!
Glad to hear all is well in the world of the Schoeb's! And I'm very happy to hear that the Clegg's have peacefully fallen into place.
Take care and give those babe's a squeeze from their MN aunty.
hurrah for an update. glad to hear you are doing well and surviving the transition... :)
evy's story was sweet... funny, and sweet. bless her heart.
Post a Comment