Friday, April 21, 2006

like mother, like daughter

Lately I've been making plans before thinking. Don't get me wrong, I love having peopel over, and getting together with friends, going out to lunch, but sometimes I dont' think before I invite.
We'd spent a wonderful evening walking up to the corner diner and just meandering around the neighborhood. All the neighbors begin to emerge from winter's great hibernation around this time and it's great to walk and say hello and enjoy the evening. It's one of my favorite parts about our neighborhood. Yesterday we met the people who will move in across the street from us. they have a litte toddler, and we made some plesent small talk. Finally it was time to get Evy in for her bath.
As we were leaving I called over my shoulder that they should just stop by if the have any questions or if they should need any thing. Evy (in an all too grown up voice says)
"Yeah, feel free to stop by.
Any time.
We've got pollies.
Hundrends of pollies.
In the basement.
you guys can come play pollies.
So stop by.
how about tomorrow?
We can play pollies in my basement.
That would be great.
See you later tomorrow then."

3 comments:

Felecia said...

I can just envision the entire exchange - what a doll!

It sure is something when the kids start making plans as we parents struggle to keep up. Beware of kindergarten... soon enough she'll be coming home with a list of play-dates that'll having you on the phone trying to decide which one's are for real!

Mrs. Hawk said...

Forgive my ignorance - Pollies? Like Polly Pockets? I am SO out of the loop with kids these days!

True_Floridian Momma said...

gotta love those Pollies, huh mom?
:)