Monday, September 18, 2006

Sunday Funnies

"So Evy," I said grabbing my daughter's hand as we walked from church yesterday, "What did you learn in Sunday School today?"
"I learned about see-saw."
Quizzical look on my part. "Tell me about that."
(This is my standard answer when Evy draws something or says something that I have absolutely no clue about.)
"Um...I don't remember too much...He was really smelly." She wriggled her fingers around like some sort of crazed cartoon villain.
Think Mindy. Think about all the smelly Bible characters you know...
"Was he hairy?" I asked taking a stab.
"Yes! He was really furry and smelly!" Evy said excitedly.
recognition finally dawned.
"Did he have a brother named Jacob?"
"Yeah, Jacob and See-Saw."

Later that day we we at another church with Jayson for a meeting. I had just finished breastfeeding Henry and we were all playing in the nursery with some plastic food. Evy set the table while Henry contentedly gnawed on a drumstick.
"OH NO MOM!" Evy exclaimed, ever the baby danger finder, "He's got a chicken!"
"It's ok, honey, he can have that kind of chicken."
"Oh...Is it breast chicken?"
(This moment brought to you by mothers who give their babies breast milk.)

4 comments:

Misty said...

breast chicken and see saw... What a clever, clever girl you have there!

Amy M. said...

Ok that was REALLY REALLY funny! Great job on recognizing see saw off the bat...I am impressed.

Mandi said...

I needed this laugh today as Thomas and I have thrush and breast feeding is rough at the moment....here's to breast chicken!

Felecia said...

(She's a funny one, that Evy!)