Friday, December 22, 2006

Just a normal day

We woke up and rolled out of bed. Downstairs I started the coffee pot and got out a pan for eggs and sausage. Jayson hopped on his laptop while eggs cooked ont he stove. Over our breakfast we talked about carnivours and herbavours. We decided Henry was a carnavour because he ate all his sausage. He flung his eggs off his plate with a screech whenever I attempted to put them on. A very eager Harry Winston was happy to oblige and clean the floor. (I think he likes having a baby.) A sippy full of milk nearly missed my toe on it's launch to the floor. Screeching insued.I replaced the sippy.
"Mom, does daddy love his computer more than his family?" Evy asked as she finished her sausage.
"Of course not sweetie." I assured her taking another sip of coffee and dodging another fistful of egg.
"Can I have a kiss?" Evy says eyeing the basketful of chocolate.
"No."
"Some M&Ms?"
"no."
One M&M?"
"No."
"Half an M&M?"
"EVY!"
*here Evy emmits a huge sigh*
The sippy crashes to the floor once again. Herny starts eyeing the banana on the counter and screetching again. I pop a link in my mouth and replace the sippy.
"Mom, can I do the ______(insert craft activity here.) I've been so LONGING to."
"Sure honey, after I finish feeding Henry."
She squeels delightedly and goes to prepare, her eggs left hardly touched.
I wipe and collect Henry from his highchair and smell that he really REALLY needs to be changed. I plop him on my hip and head upstairs. When I get to the changing table I realize he's had what we like to call a "blowout" and it's covering my shirt. Delightful.
BUT, on the positive side, Henry's 3rd tooth broke through today!!

5 comments:

kelli said...

Oh yes, Mindy. Those were the days!

Misty said...

such a sense of something grand, even in the egg ridden floor normalacies of an average day...

True_Floridian Momma said...

sounds a lot like our life here too!

Gotta love those blowouts...teehee :)

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year

Felecia said...

I've always liked the commercial where the mom nonchalontaly wanders through the house putting a subtle stop to any and all chaos; for some reason this post reminded me of that:)

Rachel said...

I fear it won't be long before Ava is repeating Evy's question about her standing between her daddy and his laptop. She does try to close it on him, and often says, "No more typing." Evy we understand your anguish :)