So...I haven't officially posted about it. I think most of you already know. But after my LOST running excursion I figure I'd better keep quiet about the whole thing. But now it's time to say it. It's just taken me this long to get the guts up. You know, if I type it I can't back out. And I have this very real, very gripping fear of failure.
But here goes.
I'm running a 1/2 marathon on June 3rd. (that's only 20 days away...TWENTY DAYS AWAY!) Forget that we go to Costa Rica (COSTA RICA!) for nine weeks after that (NINE WEEKS!), this is about the running.
Lots and lots of running.
13.1 miles. Thirteen point one miles.
I just competed ten miles tonight.
I didn't get lost. I was running with a buddy.
And because I know Hollie will want to hear it....it felt good. Really good. I could finish. For the first time I feel like I will finish this thing. I can do it. My knees ache, my ankles are sore, my toenails are falling off (NOT KIDDING HERE! I know it's completely disgusting. ButI'm losing two.)
I'm living on Tylonol Arthritis, but I'm running. Who ever would've guessed that the girl who has the Running in Hell theory would do something like this. Wow. Thirty has done wierd things to me!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am starting to believe Hollie may be an alien and has my "real" sister locked in a closet. The Mindy I know HATES all things running ;) Good job Sister, I am truly proud of you and have complete faith that you will finish your 1/2 marathon!!!!
WOW!!! Good for you! That's so great...for you...I would never do it, but I'm glad that you are :).
On another note: 9 weeks in Costa Rica? Should I know about this???? I didn't know you were going there!
Good quotes people. :-) They both made me smile.
1. I agree with Libby. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MINDY?!?
2. I also agree with Libby that you WILL finish this race. I pray that it will increase your confidence in the God who made you and says you can do ALL THINGS in Him.
3. I also agree with Becky. NINE WEEKS IN COSTA RICA?!? Obviously, I had to get off the phone the other day waaaayyy too quickly.
((So THAT'S where all the good Grant running genes went!))
I'm so excited/proud/nervous for you! Of course you'll succeed - look at how you've been preparing!
Just don't do like your cuz did and jump off the route 3/4 of the way through - flipping your numbered shirt inside out so nobody would spot you. Believe you me, there IS shame in quitting!
Keep us posted!
Post a Comment