Sunday, June 3, 2007

Who would've Thought...




I did it.
I finished.
13.1 miles.
2 hours 17 minutes (actual time).
93rd in my age group.
I actually ran the whole way. It downpoured twice (and it felt good!).
I am still in disbelief. I just ran a half marathon.
For those of you who live around here that's like running from the Spencer road exit to my house. WOW!
It was a great day, a fantastic run, and my husband and kids cheered us on at miles 5,7,10 and 13.1, even in the pouring rain. Aren't they unbelieveable. (Especially ocnsidering we were all up at 5:30 this morning!)



giving Evy a big high-five!


Me with my medal (I GOT A MEDAL!!)


Hollie and Me

7 comments:

Jacki Minney said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!

WAY TO GO FRIEND!!!!!

New York Marathon here you come!!

True_Floridian Momma said...

WOW, go Mindy, that's awesome!!

You look great!!

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

I'm so proud of you. I even shed a tear of joy for you!!!! Yippie you did it :)

p.s. Nice hat:)

Misty said...

Fantastic! I told you that you'd make it! I am blissfully happy, inspired and not surprised at all!

kelli said...

Good for you Mindy! Quite an accomplishment! Good girl! Hooray! Yippee! Yahoo! You did it! I knew you could! You inspire me!

Mrs. Hawk said...

I don't know how you did it! Way to go! I get sore just thinking about running! :)

Rachel said...

Mindy, I give you a GOLD STAR! I'm so proud of you my beautiful friend.