Thursday, September 27, 2007

More Confessions

I'm a grown up. We own our own home. But somehow, little childhood tendencies stick with me. I don't know if it's because I can get away with them now, or if it's because I'm rebelling or perhaps it's just sheer laziness. I was wiping up the counter just now trying to get in some last minute clean up before the family arrives to undo it all before bedtime. I got to the last counter and as I was wiping I noticed a stray pine nut from last night's dinner on the counter. I off handedly pushed it behind the coffee pot instead of brushing it into my hand. I don't know why. I'm the one in charge of the house, it's not like some one's going to come behind me and clean up what I didn't. I immediately heard my mom's voice in my ear: "If you're not going to do it right, don't do it at all." The phrase that's been burned indelibly into my subconscious. The phrase my mother succeeded in weaving into my fiber so thoroughly that I would even chastise myself with. So there it sits. tucked behind the coffee pot until I feel guilty enough and remove it.


yup.



just sitting back there.
And me not doing my job right......



Ok, I've got to go get that pine nut now. (I know. I'm crazy.)

6 comments:

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Mom would be so proud!

True_Floridian Momma said...

ahhh, I say leave it there...live alittle :)

Felecia said...

My imagination says your mom would roll her eyes, chuckle and grab up the poor pine nut absentmindedly... (and I wager that you would end up doing the same thing had your own confession not gotten in the way!)

Laura Webber said...

I'd say it was a little snackie for you to have a burst of energy to keep cleaning! Nibble away!

kelli said...

That is so funny Mindy, just today I kicked a chocolate chip under a cabinet...only, big shocker, I didn't even think twice about it!

Jacki Minney said...

What's a pine nut?