
Thirteen Inches. The most snow this Minnesotan has seen since moving to
this God-forsaken land, Michigan. Henry and Evy (and the Minnesotan that will not die in me) had so much fun. It was up to Henry's waist.
(that's funny, I just re-read and realized I'd used the wrong spelling if waist (waste). THAT would've been a pretty picture!) Evy led him around the paths Jayson had snowplowed until he got the hang of it. He would swipe the snow and laugh and swipe and laugh. It was great. I was able to keep an easy eye on him because the waist deep snow on each side hemmed him in like a natural fence. Evy navigated like a pro "falling" in every few feet. Henry would of course copy his big sister/Guru Of All Things Cool. He lost his mittens countless times, but I always knew when because ear-
piercing screaming would immediately begin. (Thanks to my Minnesotan mom who passed down the tried and true socks-on-the-hands-under-your-mittens trick!) I think we went through 4 pairs of mittens before coming in
rosy cheeked and ready for hot cocoa an hour and a half later. They ate
icicles, had snow ball fights, used mom as a sled dog to trek around the block and just had a perfect* winter morning.
*
I do realize it's sick that I said perfect and winter together and if asked I still intend to stick to my dislike of the winter months.Grab your warm cup of coffee and a cozy blanket and join us as we
frolic:

Evy helps Henry find his "snow legs"
Henry's first taste of January snow.
Jayson hard at work.


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
2 comments:
Hey! Quit stealing our snow! Actually, consider it a snowfall postcard from all your friends in Minnesota. Minnesota misses you Mindy Jo.
And what? What is Jayson doing with a snow-blower? Please tell me that he saw the heap of snow that morning and promptly drove out to buy one, because that would make this post perfect in every possible way.
hee hee hee...no, unfortunatly he has had the blower. He's a bit fanatic about keeping every trace of snow off of all driveways surrounding us. :o) (gotta love that man!)
Post a Comment