I just finished reading a wonderful blog entry by my dear friend at badgersontheloose about her magical evening enjoying winter but this is not that kind of post. In fact, I warn you now if you are of weak constitution to stop reading and read her delightful tale instead.
So be it. But remember you were warned.
I was getting my delightful changeling boy ready for his nap this afternoon. He was laying on his changing table while I took off the old diaper and slipped the new one under him.
"Mama, 'ol. 'ol."
I looked at him trying to translate Henryspeak into English.
He repeated it and pointed to his diaper.
"Hole?" I asked
"uh-huh. 'ol. me. 'ol."
We proceeded to have a little conversation about the function of the "'ol" he'd found after which he rattled off everyone he knew asking if they too had one of these marvelous discoveries.
"Mama?"
"Dadda?"
"E-E?"
"Bob?"
"Nemo?"
"Mickey?"
"Roars?"
yup. It's a "whole" new world with boys!
SECOND STORY:
Right after the marvelous discovery we were snuggling in the rocking chair. Henry looked up at me with his impish grin (it always appears before he's going to do something mischievous or going to try to make us laugh). He shoved his finger into his nose.
"Henry yucky," I said and removed his finger.
At which point he shoved it into his mouth and giggled.
"Henry, that's yucky!" I told him.
"uh-huh." he said doing it again and again giggling.
I thought I had at least a few years before the burping, farting booger years began. I guess I was wrong. It seems to be in the genetics.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh yeeessss! He's becoming a real boy! That's nuthin'-- remember Sam's fascination with vaginas...just wait! The real fun isn't too far down the road.
Yes, indeed, Amen to Kelli's comment. Just wait till you're in public and they yell "Mom, my penis is standing up again!!!" It's great being a mom!
This is why I DON'T want to have boys!!
Aww Man...boys are the BEST!! They may say inappropriate things, but they keep you laughing and are usually way less moody than girls!!
Boys are less moody than girls....uh oh...must be something wrong with my boys then, lol!
Do you have moody boys?? Mine are totally not moody. I mean, now that Noah is approaching the puberty he has gotten a bit moody, but not horribly so. I have a niece, she loves me one day, hates me the next!
Man oh man! The only time I can recall any "hole" topics, it usually involved the family dog's anatomy. Elliott takes after me in that he's far too embarrassed to discuss such things and Noah is so easily grossed out by poop and boogers that we're in the clear so far... I guess my real wake-up call rests on the shoulders of little Sawyer, eh?
ps AWESOME pictures of your trip!!
I miss you Mindy!! And that great boy of yours. Who is Roars?
P.S. Thanks for the recommendation. You are sweet!
Post a Comment