Tuesday, February 19, 2008

For the Beauty of the Earth...

I sit here at a log table in a log cabin atop a mountain in Tennesee. Yesterday it was in the 50s, today several flakes float down the mountainside and there is a snap in the steely sky.
Our trip has been an adventure. It has made me stop and appreciate the simpler things. Sleeping with my little baby boy cradled in my arms, the sound of a rushing creek and the smell of things coming alive around me, pancakes for breakfast and adventures tripping along bolders and creeks.
We drove from TN to NC to visit our dear, dear friends.My heart was as refreshed by the beauty as my soul was by rich conversation with kindred spirits. The small two lane road wound first up and down one mountain and then another. We wound back and forth up steep cliffs looking down green valleys. What a beautiful gift God has lavished on us. To think that this God of all the universe painted cornflower skies, carved deep valleys and peppered them with trees. He poured the rivers and delights in my delight as I enjoy all that He created. I was in awe thinking of this love letter right to me. I know it might sound narcisistic, but I don't care, I feel like all the beauty surrounding me right now is just for me. My God showing me how much I mean to him. And how thankful I am!

4 comments:

True_Floridian Momma said...

So very cool!!

We love Tennessee, such a beautiful place :)

What part of TN are you?

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Are you on (gasp) vacation?!?

I got an e-mail from our joint dear friends that you were in their neck of the woods. I'm jealous. Insanely jealous.

And now you're in a cabin in Tennessee? I need more info. And pictures. Lots of pictures.

Maybe we can chat with voices this week.

Misty said...

Tennessee is my favorite state, but NC is a close second. You wrote it quite well...

Carolyn said...

Don't feel the need to speak in code, Mindy and Kelly. We are very willing to publicly proclaim that we are in fact your dear friends in NC. :) No secrets necessary.

Sure, we'd love to keep the gem that is Asheville all to ourselves, but what's a good thing if you can't share it?!...which is why we're not-so-subtly trying to woo all of our friends and family here to the mountains.

It was so wonderful to have the Schoebs in our neck of the woods for a few glorious days!