Last Sunday was one of the best days of my life.
Evy was baptized.
I've been waiting to type it because it's meant so much to me that I can't seem to find words. I feel a bit like I imagine Mary felt when the Bible recorded her "treasuring up all these things her heart."
I wrote a couple of years ago about the day Evy asked Jesus into her heart and they became friends forever. Now I have watched her believe that she is a sinner and needs a savior. I have seen her decided to follow her Jesus with her whole life.
As I sit here thinking about the big step of faith that happened today as my daughter emerged shining-faced from the water, my God again speaks to my soul that she is His.
As I sat and wondered if "she was too young to really, really get it".
God whispers "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
It seems I have much to learn from my sweet daughter's childlike faith. May she ever clearly hear His call and strive always to follow.

5 comments:
Precious. Store these things up, Mindy. She's a gift.
Oh, yay for Evy! How truly beautiful and wonderful! I imagine your heart is so very full...
That's so awesome! What a happy day!
Beautiful post Mindy. What a sweet treasure she is and a blessed testimony to God's faithfulness.
I so wish I could have been there. I hate that we are seperated by miles. My niece... I have learned so much from her. Miss her, love her!
Post a Comment