So, they're filming a movie outside my house. Today I'm sharing my street with Mykelti Williamson (Bubba from Forrest Gump) Adrian Brody and Andrew Wilson (brother to Owen and Luke). I just watched them crash a car at my intersection. How totally cool is that?
A guy came to our door late yesterday afternoon. He was holding a book with a little ribbon-like bookmark. I thought he was a Jehovah's Witness. He wasn't. He was a location scout from the film I was an extra in last Tuesday and Wednesday.--Oh, did I forget to mention that I was an extra in the movie High School last week? I was! I played a high school student (no snickers please!) It was really fun. In one scene I pretended to be high (I know, more snickers) and in another scene I watched a fight in the school halls and got shooed to class by the principal (Michael Chicklis) and his cronie teacher, Collin Hanks (son of Tom Hanks!).
But after today, it looks like I'll have to share the big screen with my house.
Today my friend Jen and I watched out the windows as they filmed a crash scene, and 2 dialouge scenes. It was so much fun to see how everything works. The movie is set in Northern California in June. (HA!) The crew spent from 7 until 10 or so melting snow and raking leaves of the lawns on our block. They even used a blow torch to burn up some remaining leaves. After about 8 hours of prep, they finally shot the crash. (I filmed it too, but shhhhhh.....I wasn't supposed to!)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's so weird. The EXACT SAME THING happened to me last week.
Only ... not.
Enjoy Hollywood on your doorstep. Back in the mid-1980s, when my grandma died suddenly, Hollywood was living in my Dad's REALLY TINY small town to film a movie called "Kansas." My cousin and I decided we should capitalize on the opportunity by taking the wild marijuana growing in patches in the back 40 and taking it to town to sell it. We even went so far as picking it and hanging it in a tree to dry (because it's suppose to be dried, right) before our parents shut down our little drug op. Dang.
I don't know what's better - your post or Kelly's comment!
I'll watch for the movie because I will have to see it, even if it's terrible, cause you'll be in it!
Did you get to give them a screen name?
That's so awesome, Min! How they could sell Howell as No. Cal., though, is beyond me. November in Michigan looking like June in No. Cal.? Um...what were they thinking??
Even so, can't wait to see you pretending to be a doped-up high schooler. :) Too funny. Good thing you're a fabulous actress.
And, Kelly, you're crackin' me up with your MJ story! I wish I could see you tell it in person.
You are SOOOO your Mother's Daughter!
Post a Comment