So, Last night, we had this horrible fight about my birthday. Some of you know we have this fight every year. I thought last night that today (my birthday) would be horrible. I didn't even want to aknowledge it's existance.
Ashes.
But this morning dawned (after the rare treat of sleeping in!) with a fresh cup of coffee, light in my daughter's eyes (reflected off of my "tangerine outfit" to be sure!), and my husband was wonderful in his quiet thoughtfulness of the day.
Beauty.
We went to a family movie together, and dinner at a nice little italian restaurant where Grandma joined us. Then, the night was topped off with a lively round of "Happy Birthday" sung over really yummy Cold Stone cake. I realized most of my 27th year goals and that feels good. Now it's home, with baths in the sunset and it's almost time to breathe in the fresh sweet smell of my daughter's clean hair as I tuck her under her ballerina sheets. It's good to be a mom. And it's good to be twenty-eight.
(oh, and I no longer believe in not telling birthday wishes....mine was for a happy year with my family.)
Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
yay for a great day! I am very happy to hear the report. and I agree with misty...you look GREAT in the orange outfit! :-)
Where did she find that?!?!?!! I have been searching and searching for an outfit in exactly that color! I'm also completely out of all my men's underwear......
Happy birthday, late of course!
ha ha.... totally laughing at Mandi...
gosh min, i have to say i loved your post. coming from another household where the wife's birthday is a huge fight (and later tends to become a nightmare of a day) i can relate. i love the beauty you pulled from it, more then anything though i loved that you shared it! teach me to be a gracious birthday girl, oh wise one!
You must try my birthday method... shine up your tiara, sit your butt down and call yourself queen for the day! (This is also to be used on Mother's Day!)
Happy to hear you had a good one! Your present from me is posted on my blog. Happy Happy Birthday!
Mindy, Happy Birthday, I didn't know it was your birthday. If people don't announce it like me...I never know. Next time shout it from the mountain tops. "It's my birthday, and God is glad!!" So is Kelli. 28 is so young!!
Post a Comment