Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Losing my Lunch

I threw away my positive pregnancy test today. I know, gross that I have even been keeping it around. But for some strange reason I liked to look at it to remind myself of that little "other" growing inside.
But lately I no longer need any external reminder. No, no, I'm not showing already--unless you count green-ness. I have been finding it increasingly difficult to function in a normal day. Evy wants to play and all I can think about is sitting absolutely still so as not to lose my lunch. She's as understanding as a three-year-old can be (which is not very). She talks to the baby and rubs my tummy. She's begun remarking that she thinks she's going to throw up (sympathy sickness maybe?). :o) I just keep trying to remind myself that morning (read: all day/all night) sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy.
But through it all, I have a Knight in Shining Armor. Jayson has been phenomenal. I was going to call this the brag-a-blog, so here it is: he’s done laundry, grocery shopping, cooked dinner, bathed Evy, given plenty of hugs and sympathetic looks, lets me stay in bed every morning while he gets Evy breakfast. He’s bought me popsicles and wheat saltines (“because they’re healthier”) and is worried about my calcium intake asking if he can make me smoothies. He’s even reading “The Expectant Father”. I cannot believe my good fortune. But then, he is the wonderful Jayson I married. I love him very much, and it’s not just the pregnancy talking. So that’s the update around Schoeb Home. I’ll try to post again when looking at the screen doesn’t make me want to bolt for the bathroom! Any ideas are welcome!

4 comments:

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Just remember that as sickness washes over you, joy and excitement wash over the rest of your friends and family. We can't wait to tag along down the Schoeb pregnancy road. As for Jayson, we all knew he was a wonderful man, now we're even more vindicated in our thoughts! Love you all!

p.s. I have a personal chief-in-training I can send your way :)

Misty said...

min~ am here to help if you need ANYTHING :) but just keep telling yourself that it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy and this part of your pregnancy will whiz by (even if it seems doubtful)....

kelli said...

Oh you poor thing! I KNOW how hard it is to be so sick! I could offer you a million remedies, but to be quite honest, none of them would likely work. The only thing to do is wait and do what you're doing, focus on the positive. Face it, you can do ANYTHING when you know there is an end in sight. The longest it could possibly last is another 8mos. That probably doesn't help right now, but if that is the worst case...it's really not so bad. At least that is how I used to think of it. I will pray for your body to acclimate quickly. Blessings!

Felecia said...

Not sure that it helps for sickness, but do talk with your doctor about taking vitamin B6 supplement through your pregnancy; it was suggested to me for the fatigue thing (which can sometimes lead to sickness?!)

I'm so sorry for the sickies... take care