Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Oh Boy! Oh Boy!

So there it is. At Christmas we will be welcoming our little boy. I had hoped to tell many more of you in person, but it's been a crazy few days. Needless to say, we're all very excited. Jayson has been beaming for days and talking testosterone filled dreams of football, golf and other miscellanious sports. He told me I'm required to watch Sports Center two hours a day until our little guy is born. (We all know that's not really going to happen!)
Evy was a bit disappointed, but recovered quickly. When we were in the ultrasound room and the tech said it was a boy she asked, "Where's the other one?" Then she turned to Jayson and said, "Well Daddy, you got your boy." After a few minutes, she decided that when the baby grew a little he could be her prince, and that seemed to pasify the bit of disappointment she felt at not having a sister. :o)
I'm excited. I'm trying to plan nursery stuff, and figure out how to be a "boy mom." I'm a little nervous about boy parts and boy stuff...but I know we'll fall utterly in love. As far as boy logistics go, being raised in a house full of and surrounded by women, I'm sure I'll be calling on a number of you boy moms for boy advice!

7 comments:

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

I am so excited to be a new auntie again. A boy will be a welcome addition to the Schoeb family :) Love and hugs to all!

eyes_only4him said...

good for you..i had my boy first..he was a breeze compared to my girls
;)...good luck

Mrs. Hawk said...

Wow. A boy! I can't imagine you having a boy - maybe that's because I really can't imagine anyone having boys. Apparently, I have a problem :). Congrats, Mindy! You will be a great "Boy Mom". Just think, now you can actually dress one of your children in pants. Ha ha. Love you!

Mandi said...

Congrats Mindy. Having a boy is fun...they are way easier to potty train! Any names?

kelli said...

Yay!! I love boys!! I am so excited for you guys. I would love to be called upon when you have a boy question! How fun.

Felecia said...

CONGRATS & welcome to the wonderful world of boyhood! In order to give you a brief glimpse into the next 6 years or so, I would like to say:

1. YES. Change that diaper quickly and "aim down" (nobody ever told me that!)

2. YES. Little boys DO carry toads in their pockets (& into your house...)

3. YES. Little boys are born with an acute knowledge of shoot-em-up cowboy & superhero games;

4. YES. "Raising Confident Boys" by author Elizabeth Hartley-Brewer is a very helpful book;

and finally...

5. YES. Before your little one even turns 4, you will sense that no girl will ever be good enough for him (eek!)

Love you cousin!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Best advice I can give to a woman expecting a boy -- read (or in your case, re-read) "Wild at Heart."

But really, that's stuff is years away. When he's born, he'll just be a baby. (Granted, a baby who can shoot pee up your nose, but still -- a baby.) He'll be tiny and small and warm and hungry. Don't worry too much about his gender. Just enjoy him as a new gift from God.

Praying for you.