Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Future Plans

Evy has decided on her career path. She's going to be a princess chef working in France. She still plans on marrying Daddy, although Gabe Maiberger continues his proposals. His latest two came around Valentine's Day. The first was as they were walking out the door. "Evy will you marry me? Say you'll marry me please?" He looped around Amy as they walked to the car and rushed back up to the door. His little pilot's hat flapped in the wind and I couldn't help but smile.
Evy came to peek out the door, her bare toes being assulted by the harsh February air. She poked her head between the door jab and Jayson's hip. "What Gabe?"
"Marry me. Will you marry me? Say you'll marry me!" Amy grabbed his hand and steered him back around as the adults exchanged a little chuckle.
Evy stood for a moment as Gabe headed back to the car, his body still turning towards the house.
"OK Gabe! OK! I will marry you!"
"Miss Mindy, will you write that on a notebook paper and keep it so she can remember she said that?" he called as he was getting into the van.
"Sure, Gabe." Jayson waved out the door.
A few days later Evy got a Valentine from Gabe. It was Willy Wonka and quickly stripped of it's candy treat. On the inside it read "Evy, I love you. Will you marry me? Gabe"
Aaahhhh young love. We applaud his taste in women.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

LOL hilarious.....I needed a good laugh today!! Will I be invited?

kelli said...

Too cute! At least she's not the type to just jump into a marriage...she really wants him to want it!! Good girl!