I've decided to embrace my dustbunnies.
Well, at least to try.
They are a symbol. They are a reminder.
Today I have chosen people over sweeping.
I have chosen to leave the dust, the crumbs, the toothpaste-spattered mirror.
I have chosen community. I have chosen conversation, I have chosen people.
I will no longer repremand myself for "time misused", instead I will chose to see the time well handled in building people up, and in relationships.
Instead of feeling shame at the dust collecting in the corners, I will remind myself that my time was better spent helping others, being in the business of others instead of cleaning house.
Instead of seeing poor time management and imperfections in myself because I can't do it all, I will realize that I really can't do it all, and wasn't meant to. But I've chosen the greater good. I've chosen what is lasting instead of what will be gone in the blink of an eye.
This was my late-night realization.
I have decided to embrace my dustbunnies.
Well, at least to try.
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am so proud of you Mindy! Well, and I can't help but smile a little that you are coming to help me with some of my "dustbunnies". THANK YOU!!! For your friendship and your selflessness to come help out over here at insanity central...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :-)
I had Alice say to me once..."I love when I come to your house and see cobwebs in the corners. That means that you were so busy with the kids and Anthony that you didn't clean." I felt so much better then. In a few years, it won't just be dust bunnies, it will be homework, games, magazines, old food and a million other things cluttering the counter, floors, etc. It's amazing how things grow. Get used to it now. You're such a good mom.
Congratulations! So many say that labor is the toughest part of becoming a mother but I think we're all realizing that molding ourselves into the kind of mother our husbands and children will respect is the truer triumph.
I think it's wonderful that you're teaching your little ones to be giving of themselves; like I always preach to Elliott "Lead by example."
(Thanks for the reminder, Min!)
Post a Comment