Sunday, April 29, 2007

Handbag Tag

OK...first, I can't believe I even typed "handbag". Kelly, you know I really, REALLY love you. I don't consider myself a purse person. I have never bought a purse (Jr. High not withstanding). The purse I currently carry is on "lease" from my sister (thanks Lib) who tries to bring me into the adult world of women (she would banish my chunky shoes forever if she could!)
I digress.
Here is my purse:

I like that it's small. I'm not a big bag kind of a girl. If I had my way I'd still carry a backpack. But that's only becuase it fits on your back and can carry books. I like books.

Here is the inside:

















and here are it's contents strewn upon my floor. (I feel
so....naked!)

description:
(what a sorry, sorry life I lead!) OH! But that there were notes on my ideas to end world hunger, or a cure for the common cold scratched onto a Panera napkin....*sigh*
~Diaper and wipe (because let's face it, Henry's the second and you realize how much less the second one really needs a diaper bag.)
~make up and purfume and chapstick (that's pretty much all the make up I own...I never wear the lipstick or the purfume.)
~wallet (as small as possible)
~key to Jayson's car
~key to Harry Winson (dog) bark collar (it's only in there because it's magnetic and stuck to the key.
~chicken scratch directions to Evy's play friend's house.
~a perscription to be filled, and a gas reciept
~my licence (expired with a temporary stapled behind it--Oops!)
~a pen
~miscellanious cards, and expired coupons and a movie ticket stub
~my cell phone
~2 copies of my Gram's med list for when I have to take her to the hospital. (Yes it's that often, and yes, I do need two copies)
~wet wipes, baby sun screen, clorox wipes (germ-a-phobe anyone?) The clorox wipes are great for public toilet seats and little girls by the way. :o)
~more miscelanious expired cards
~immunization records and over seas travel med lists for the kids. (well, at least that's semi-exciting!)

and because I laughed at Kelly's picture, here's the inside of my 'empty' purse:

















That was very....enlightening.
I tag (if I absolutly must) Jacki and Rachel (see their blogs on my links)

4 comments:

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Nice "handbag!" You know, you could really fit much more into that little thing. I happen to know there are several secret pockets on the inside and several on the outside as well ;)

Kelly @ Love Well said...

OH MINDY! I am SO not a purse person either. (Exhibit A: The fact that COREY told me it was time to update my handbag. There are few things more frightening than a husband pointing out his wife's fashion faux pas.)

But you did a great job with this tag anyway.

And the fact that you carry your kids' immunization records in your "handbag" cracks me up.

Smiling at the screen. :-)

Mrs. Hawk said...

OK - I am GOING to do this too, but not tonight. I am going to celebrate with my hubby our 2 year anniversary (CRAZY!). But, I won't have diapers or kid's stuff, so it will probably be pretty boring :)

Misty said...

your purse is pretty tiny, I am pretty impressed that a diaper fits in there... well, and that you manage to get to whatever else you need to, as well...
Imagine Henry one day, when you tell him "you know, I never was a handbag kind of girl, until you came along. Then I borrowed a purse from Auntie Libby so that I could carry around your diapers."