As you can see it's been the week of Evy around here. We started off wtih a bang for her birthday, then school, and she started ballet Thursday; but those of you with personal Henry experience know he is not to be out done. He is determined to share the blogging lime light. And being second-born myself, I am happy to oblige.
Over the weekend Henry developed quite a diaper rash. (Iwill leave the "why" of the particular ailment to your mommy imaginations.) Because of his rosy bottom he spent a day and a half running around a'la Michelangelo's David. Unbelieveably, we only had one incident involving pee and the carpet, but Henry was quick to point out the, should we say, leak.
However, I am beginning to wonder wether our littlest is a bit of an exhibitionist.
Yesterday Henry started out the morning by peeling off his diaper at the breakfast table. Delightful. I diapered him up and quickly pulled on pants (by wich hopefully stopping--or at least slowing--the disrobing). I switched the laundry from washer to dryer and found the monkey atop his sister's (relitively high) dresser. (The wonders of the sister's bedroom while she is at school shall be expounded on at a later date.) Plucking him off of the dressertop with a gummy worm haning out of his mouth I took him downstairs for a bit of Sesame Street. When all else fails, put on the TV, right? While Turbo was enraptured by Big Bird and Snuffy I went quickly upstairs to fold the previously stated load of laundry. I came down the stairs to my Pirate atop the counter eating a cookie looking at me with a face so full of delight and mischief I couldn't help but grin and put him in his highchair to finnish eating his spoils.
Cookie devoured, I snatched him up and we headed upstairs. He explored the afore mentioned Room of Delightfulness while I made a few important calls regarding my Grandma's Affiars.
I was mid-sentence with "Alicia" convincing her in my most matter-of-fact grown-up voice that I could indeed have access to Gram's IRA statement when Henry came streaking--and I do mean streaking--aross the upstairs in a fit of giggles.
This was all well before noon.
Finally I gave the Fully Monty his lunch and put him into his crib for a much desirved nap. What possesed me to leave him in his diaper after the morning's antics I do not know. Of course he ripped it off and proceeded to er...put rain in the forecast for his airplane sheets. When I came into his room to get him up Little Naked pointed at the sheet saying, "uh-oh! Uh-Oh!" repeatedly.
Uh-Oh indeed.
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I guess Harry Winston is going to get a run for his money when it comes to "messes" in the house.
That Henry! My kids talk about Henry all the time. They think he's fun and funny and wish they could see him again soon.
and do you still think there will be time for working in the library, after all of this? Perhaps you should schedule a nap first, and see how it goes from there!
LOL, this story made me crack up! I was so worried that it was only my children who did such things...and boy am I in for it with Thomas! Love the pics of Evy's birthday and school, by the way!
Honestly, aren't things supposed to be easier when one kid is at school and the other is at home. Henry is pulling out all the stops!
Post a Comment