Thursday, June 26, 2008

Toothless ONEder


It has happened. After much yearning and wiggling (and novacane and tugging from the dentist!) My big six-year-old has lost her first tooth. She has three others that are loose. I had to confess this morning after being very heavily grilled that I "might possibly be a secret employee of the tooth fairy" but I really couldn't tell. (It's a secret.) This right of passage left me with a question: What exactly should the toothfairy deliver? Have her gift values risen with inflation? Do you get more for a tooth pulled from the dentist or for a molar? Less for one with a cavity?
Any thoughts?
(Our tooth fairy settled on a $2 bill.)

5 comments:

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

A $2 bill is cool, it's a rare thing. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Before you know it Evy will be pictured beside her new car and she'll be waving good-bye to "cruz wit her friends." We MUST stop this growing!!!!!

Brooke said...

Apparently the plea for $10 didn't make it all the way to the tooth fairy...

Felecia said...

On one hand, you've got a dwindling economy, so the tooth fairy around our parts gives whatever she can scrape together... on the other hand, you've got the cousins' respective inflated earnings directing her an entirely opposite direction...

It's a crap-shoot cuz:)

True_Floridian Momma said...

wowzers, I thought we were big spenders with our $1.00 for lost teeth around our parts :)

kelli said...

One of my four year olds receives $20 for losing her teeth. ( I teach preschool, for those who think I'm referring to my own kids)

Did you catch that??? TWENTY BUCKS!!!! What is this world coming too?

When I was a kid I received a quarter and a pack of sugarless gum. The Gambee toothfairy leaves a buck. But the tooth fairy at grandmas, we found out, leaves $5.

I'm thinking of pulling out some of my own teeth and camping out at my preschooler's house.