Friday, September 19, 2008

A Henry Snapshot: Two-and-a-half

I have tons of "henryisms" floating in my head, and I can't let the cuteness slip away without sharing a few of my favorites:
Vocab:
Head Pocket = hood
Boumem = bottom (as in derriere)
black salt = pepper
Oatmilk = oatmeal
swimmin' suit = little toy blow up pool he plays with in bathtub
Drwacy beans = jelly beans (because he got them from his friend, Gracie)
"you pray me and kiss-hug me" = his quote every bedtime
"Me not wike dat! You no talka me wike dat!" (the first time he tried to reprimand me.)
Mine = My ie: "I want mine yogurt. give me mine blanket. I want mine mommy."
Pop it = stop it (but he's not allowed to say that anymore so now he says "don't please")
he loves to *ahem* encourage himself in the bathroom "Go, poo-poo! Go, poo poo! Go!"
he likes to dance on tables ("me dough trazy!").

At two-and-a-half Henry is a constant source of levity. He will do anything for a laugh, and is a shameless flirt. He loves to tilt his head to the side and give his "tute" smile. He proudly proclaims "me a big boy now." And asks for gum every other day. When I tell him he can have gum when he's bigger he responds "But me AM BIGGER. SEE?" and spreads his arms wide.
He loves to run around outside, play with toys and color. He sings the alphabet and counts to 11. He pretends to write letters and spell.
He loves Evy, and animals (lions are his favorite)and Veggie Tales.He also loves the water although he's tentative to go too deep without mom. He must pet every dog we come upon.
He is starting to grow in music appreciation. His current favorites are "Patty Cake, Patty Cake, Mister Matt." The Wheels on the bus, the Itsy-Bitsy spider and Ho-Ho-Ho-Hosanna.
He is afraid of bees and a few other bugs. He sometimes has bad dreams about bees "Monsters under mine bed"
He loves to pretend to be "kung-foo panda" and the Incredible Hulk.
He's not a big eater, but loves "Ma-may" (edemame).
He has a very stubborn streak and won't hesitate to let you know "ME MAD AT YOU!" but he's also sensitive to expressions and quick to ask "You mad at me, mommy?"
He is a really happy fella and loves to laugh and be tickled. He also loves to use all sorts of silly voices.
He is fully potty trained, and will be trading in the toddler bed for a "big boy bed" in just a few days.

He is a wonder and a joy. I am so blessed to be his mommy!

4 comments:

Felecia said...

It's amazing to see into the world through his big eyes; awesome post. Now I want to go home and hug mine boys.

Jacki Minney said...

You forgot...Jacki is his favorite person in the whole wide world.

DUH!!

Angie said...

So sweet....

Caleb has nightmares about bees too!! I wonder what that is?

Thanks for sharing

Rachel said...

You are blessed to be his mommy! What a sweet heart