The title of this post is our new name for Henry who has the chickenpox.
Sad but true (well, at least 80% we're told).
At first I thought it was just a little sty on his eye Friday morning. Huh. I wonder if he's getting pink eye....and so close to vacation, hu-oh!
Then in the afternoon I thought he might be getting a bit of a diaper rash. Huh. Odd, but I put on some desitin.
In the evening I noticed a little pimple on his knee. Huh. What a wierd place for a pimple.
Then Jayson and I kissed the kids and headed out to dinner and a movie. After the movie we called to check in and Gayle told us she was concerned that Henry might have the chickenpox. She noticed everything I had, put H in the bath and when he got out of the tub things seemed to have spread a bit.
Double Uh-oh.
The next morning I took him to the clinic where I mentioned the word chickenpox and was immediatly ushered into a private room (and later escorted out "the back door"). The doctor said it sure looked like chickenpox to her but couldn't be sure, and by the way did I know I had strep. (Bonus.)
She gave us all a round of antibiotics for the strep as a mercy so we could still (hopefully) go on our vacation (did I mention we're going on a Disney Cruise very soon?).
Now we just watch.
and wait.
and wait.
(and thank the Lord above for the antibiotics because boy did I feel like I got hit by a truck at the end of the day!)
Henry has had his chickenpox vaccine, but I'm told this is likely a breakthrough infection. It doesn't need to be accompanied by a fever or sore throat or any other symptoms, and will most likely be a very mild case. Hopefully he'll just have his 9 spots and they'll be gone ina few days. They don't seem to itch and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. Although, when he sees the little spot on his knee he does call it his boo-boo and ask for it to be kissed.
I just finished tucking him in and giving him his little snuggle-buggle (a phrase coined by Evy when she was 2). He held my face in his pudgy little hands and pulled it down close to kiss my nose. He stroked my hear and whispered "mama, mama" to me in the dark.
How I love that little chicken pock!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Poor two pock with his nine pocks. I hope the escapes the fever and sore throat. Give the little sweetie a squeeze for me!
Post a Comment