Monday, November 3, 2008

M'mm M'mm Good!

Here at the Schoeb home we love soup. It is a fall/winter staple. Both of my children will request it at resturants. I am currently typing with a mug of it steaming beside me. But as I was stirring the pot the other day I got to thinking...I make Chicken Salsa Chili (thank you Cafe Latte!), chicken and white bean chili, regular Schoeberlein chili, taco soup (basically kid-frendly chili eaten with Fritos)...Don't get me wrong, I've got a lemon rice recipe, several tortilla soup recipes, and I make a mean stew. But I realized for the soup lovers that we are, I could really use some fresh inspiration. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh...I made roasted garlic and tomato soup the other day and it was scrumdiddlyumptious!!!!

kelli said...

minestrone, I have a wonderful recipe for a creamy butternut squash soup that you drizzle red pepper oil on top of and roast the squash seeds with a little cardamom cream on top, I know it seems like a lot of work but it's worth it!!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

My new soup love is Lasagna Soup. I have it on the menu this week, in fact -- first soup of the fall. (I've been holding off until absolutely necessary, since I know the I'll still be eating soup six months from now.)

Also, for some other incredibly delicious looking soups, check out the link in that post from the incredibly creative Rachel. She has a soup-a-thon last year; it rocked.